During textile wet processing, methods like desizing, bleaching, dyeing, printing, washing, and scouring can lead to unwanted foam formation. This undesirable byproduct can create serious manufacturing issues that can damage both products and equipment. These issues include machine stoppages due to fabric entanglement, uneven dye application, increased auxiliary chemical consumption, and slower processing throughput. In addition, the presence of foam in print pastes can cause surface defects on printed fabrics.
Crucible Chemical makes defoamers that are essential for combatting these issues. Our Foamkill products make textile dyeing and processing more efficient and cleaner and improve the final product’s overall quality.
Defoamers From Crucible Chemical
Crucible Chemical offers a full foam control product line suited for textile wet processing applications. Our Foamkill line includes synthetic, oil-based, silicone, and organo-silicone defoamers and antifoams, including the following ready-to-use defoamers:
- Foamkill CM–14 is a non-silicone defoamer that exhibits excellent stability at high temperatures and under pressurized dyeing conditions. Foamkill CM-14 has good salt tolerance and does not precipitate pre-metalized dyes in the presence of electrolytes.
- Foamkill FBF is a highly stable emulsion with spot-free performance above the boil. It is effective in atmospheric and pressure jet dyeing. It also exhibits good stability in salt and high pH systems.
- Foamkill CPD is compatible with all types of dyes. When added to the back, it helps to wet out the goods, control foam, and produce more level dyeing. With proper use, Foamkill CPD does not affect the shade or depth of dyeing nor cause spotting of the goods.
- Foamkill 675 is an organo-silicone emulsion highly stable upon dilution and used in high-temperature settings. It is very efficient on a cost-to-performance basis in continuous dyeing and is also useful in formulating carpet cleaning defoamers.
- Foamkill CNS is an efficient non-silicone antifoam well suited for the dispersed dyeing of polyester and fiber reactive dyeing of cellulosic fibers in pressure systems.
- Foamkill MS-20 is very efficient in print and dye pastes and binders. Also effective on jet machines and pressure dyeing.
- Foamkill 685 is an organic defoamer with excellent dye compatibility. It is especially effective in jet dyeing of piece goods and atmospheric dyeing of carpets. It contains no silicones and will not spot goods with proper use.
Textile Defoamer Concentrates
The following products can often be used as is in difficult foaming systems but are designed for further compounding to make ready-to-use textile defoamers.
- Foamkill 4078 is a 100% active non-silicone defoamer with ultrafine hydrophobic particles. It is particularly suited to pressurized dyeing of synthetics and blends. Foamkill 4078 products can also be formulated into wetting agents, scours, and other textile auxiliaries.
- Foamkill SK-1 is a synthetic defoamer concentrate. It can be used as is or be easily diluted with mineral oils and/or surfactants to prepare low-cost, ready-to-use defoamers for textile wet processing and latex carpet backing.
- Foamkill MS Conc. MT is a pre-thickened silicone emulsion that requires no additional emulsifier or thickener for stable dilutions. Defoamers made from this concentrate are broadly effective in many wet processing applications, particularly carpet dyeing, scours, and acrylic binders.
- Foamkill 2890 is a non-silicone concentrate that can be diluted with water and colloid thickeners for low-cost general-purpose foam control.
Work With Crucible Chemical For Quality Textile Defoamers!
Crucible Chemical carries a full range of foam control solutions for every application in textile processing. Our standard product line, as well as our innovative custom solutions, have increased customer processing efficiencies in a wide spectrum of industries, including water treatment, adhesives, paper, and many more.
To understand more about how our foam control agents can benefit your operation, contact us today!